replacing a stop and waste valve

Hey everyone. I am replacing a stop and waste valve, one with the little drain cap, on my cold water supply line. Supply lines are copper and valve is sweat on. Quick question I have before I do it and realize it is backwards. Does the arrow on the stop and waste valve indicate the direction of the water flow? I know the little drain cap allows draining of the non-pressureized side when the valve is closed, but if I get it backwards, it will be draining the wrong side. Just want to be double sure. Thanks. Eric

Yes, this applies to any fittings for gas, water, steam, etc. No arrow is bi-directional.
"Eric and Megan Swope"
Yes, the arrow should match the water flow.