Repairing Leak on Drain Pipe?

"ilaboo"

Why don't you just draw a great big bullseye on your chest?

Reply to
Mike Grooms

mike how does this help the plumbing problem?

it's kind of obvious that you are very clever and am looking forward to your marvelous contributions to this thread and your solutions, without your insight where would we all be?

Reply to
ilaboo

"ilaboo" <

First of all, I've already solved the problem. Secondly, I wasn't trying to solve the plumbing problem with my bullseye suggestion. I was trying to solve your problem. Anyone who'd get on this board and suggest using radiator hose should be shot.

I think everyone else would agree with me here.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Grooms

ilaboo is NOT a plumber.

Everybody is now starting to see (slowly) why I would have tried to solder this first, then replace with copper. (not PVC) This repair may not even be possible with PVC in the space allowed. We need better pictures to determine what you need to do. At this point it looks like its all got to be removed.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

what is the difference from Fence and radiator hose?--it would seem to me that auto radiator or even hydraulic hose may be appropriate here--

the copper pipe did not work here

high quality radiator hose is almost indistrutable--i find it confusing why this is not used more ofter in drain pipes---especially in areas of high seismic ( earthquake tremors) activity

you can make an argument about leakage of sewer gas and i accept that but the mechanical properties would seem to me ideal.

i could also envisioning sleeving the the piping problem here--isn't that in essence creating a rubber ( plastic, etc) drain pipe?

from what i understood of the problem it was a section of copper pipe ( the trap) that had eroded and needed to be repaired

my solution was to use stainless straps ala fenco to attach a length of radiator hose--formed into a u curve.

thanks peter

Reply to
ilaboo

more non-sense