Recommendation for good shower drain cleaner ??

Page 2 of 2

I've had the best luck with a long plastic gizmo from Home Depot - about $2-3. It's flexible and has jaggysnaggy teeth (more like barbs) on it. It's about two feet long and you push it down the drain as far as you can and pull it back up. Wouldn't believe the cruddy hair clogs it hauls out. Especially afte my long-haired son has visited.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> 2005 Pirohy Marathon pics added 1-23-05.

I have this tool, too. I won't go back to using liquids.
One caveat, as Melba mentions... "Cruddy hair clogs." You won't believe the amount of detritus washed down that those strands were able to hang onto. You also will be shocked at the ease it whips about as you're trying to clean the tool. Be sure to wear gloves, clothing that you don't mind getting spattered, and eye protection.
The Ranger -- "Why don't you talk to yourself?" "Because I get too many stupid answers." -- Abbot and Costello, "Hold that Ghost"
Good advice from both of you. Thanks!

John
i found it to short to be of any use
Lye dissolves hair clogs.