Re: Toilet Handle Location - New Home

- Nehmo - If this were a problem in my house, we would just clamp on a miniature set of alligator-mouth (flat) vice grips. If that's too heavy and causes the lever to stay in the down position, then also clamp in a counterweight, like a butter knife, with the handle of the butter knife going to the right (over the pivot of the lever).
If I were correcting this "problem" for a customer, I would buy and install a longer flush handle. Home Depot might not have a large enough selection.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=toilet+flush+levers
Where are you located, OP? Maybe I could direct you to a store.
Actually, many older or fancier flush handles are composed of two parts, one of which is the outside leaver. You could buy the two-part kind and custom make your outside lever.
- Me or Blake -

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Blackbeard wrote:

Um, I think it is called sarcasm. Should be in your dictionary...
Matt

The shingle and duct tape and the vice grip ideas, though quite functional and efficient, leave something to be desired in the aesthetics department. Norm would probably make something nice in oak and hold it on with a little glue and now a few brads.

miniature
and causes

butter knife

buy and

large enough

store.
two parts,

two-part kind and

all of our

pictures
parts? I'm

by the lid.

Bemis) and

clearance
Does the

for even

get better

DanG wrote:

But you can get duct tape in a wide range of colors now...
Matt
Matthew S. Whiting wrote:

No Real Man would use ANYTHING but the original gray. Feh! ;-)
Bill Seurer wrote:

But you have to keep the lady of the house happy, or it won't matter if you are a real man! :-)
Matt
Matthew S. Whiting wrote:

I don't think the color of your duct tape is going to help with that...
Just put the lid down to flush! It belongs down anyway.

JUst keep giggling the handle, it'll stop
HAHAH
Jane

"Jane" <

Dames...geez
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:33:51 GMT, someone wrote:

He was obviously JOKING, he said the real solution would be to put a longer handle on it.
-v.