Re: Sump Pump problem

I would venture that you have a wire problem on the pump that kicks off, possibly due to worn wire jacket due to vibration, pull the pump and inspect the wiring first. make sure the power is off first.

I have a Flood Control System in my underground garage which consists of two > Ejector Pumps. They were installed back in 1987. One of the pump causes > the > circuit breaker to switch off when the tank fills up with water. When I > turn the > breaker back on, the pump starts to work and immediately pumps out all the > water. > Breaker stays on until tank fills up with water. > > Any idea what the problem may be ? Do you think I need to replace the > entire pump > with a new one ? What is the difference between a relay pump and a sump > pump, > or are these the same ? > > Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance > Regards, > > -DJ > > >
Reply to
sasha

Any kind of electric motor draws high current when starting. I'd check to see if the circuit your pump is wired to also serves other loads. The pump circuit should serve only the pumps. Also, the wiring and circuit breaker must be the correct size to handle the amperage. Finally, the tank switch could be making poor contact causing more draw on the circuit.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Monson