Re: Sump Pump problem

I would venture that you have a wire problem on the pump that kicks off, possibly due to worn wire jacket due to vibration, pull the pump and inspect the wiring first. make sure the power is off first.

Any kind of electric motor draws high current when starting. I'd check to see if the circuit your pump is wired to also serves other loads. The pump circuit should serve only the pumps. Also, the wiring and circuit breaker must be the correct size to handle the amperage. Finally, the tank switch could be making poor contact causing more draw on the circuit.
Mark