Re: Bath tap does not work without another tap running

Can someone offer an explanation for this problem?

> > The hot tap over my bath does not work unless I first run the tap over the > vanity nearby. It will run normally almost as soon as the vanity tap is > turned on. The vanity tap need not be left running. Once the bath tap has > started working it works fine until next time I need it. > > Is there an easy solution? > > Any help will be appreciated. >

You didn't mention what brand or model of bath faucet you have, but I'm guessing it's a pressure balanced single handle, try changing the cartridge, or removing the pressure balancing spool if it's a separate unit. and replacing the spool.

Reply to
sasha

I am in Australia. I have a gravity fed hot water system in my roof. The pipe runs directly to the bathroom from the HWS. Both bath and vanity are on the same line of piping. Each has a separate hot and cold tap. What other info do you need?

Reply to
Sam Kekavitch

It could be a washer that has come loose inside the valve on the hot side, getting stuck on the seat until a fluctuation in the water pressure dislodges it, which would happen when you turn on the lav faucet.. Here in the States, there is an old valve made by American Standard called Aqua-seal that does this sort of thing occasionally.

Reply to
Tyler C.Sherman

Good thinking 99. I will give that some thought

Reply to
Sam Kekavitch