Re: Bath tap does not work without another tap running

You didn't mention what brand or model of bath faucet you have, but I'm guessing it's a pressure balanced single handle, try changing the cartridge, or removing the pressure balancing spool if it's a separate unit. and replacing the spool.
I am in Australia. I have a gravity fed hot water system in my roof. The pipe runs directly to the bathroom from the HWS. Both bath and vanity are on the same line of piping. Each has a separate hot and cold tap. What other info do you need?

It could be a washer that has come loose inside the valve on the hot side, getting stuck on the seat until a fluctuation in the water pressure dislodges it, which would happen when you turn on the lav faucet.. Here in the States, there is an old valve made by American Standard called Aqua-seal that does this sort of thing occasionally.
Good thinking 99. I will give that some thought