PVC cement problems

I live in a mobile home and I had a leak at the shut-off where the main supply came under the house and also at a "T" where it went to the washing machine and then to the rest of the house. It's all PVC so I tore out the whole section where the problems were and replaced everyting and there were no more leaks. A little while later I boiled some water in a tea pot and I didn't notice anything the first time I poured water but the second time there was a very strong PVC cement odor coming from the tea pot. Then I went over to my faucet and filled a glass with water and it smelled like cement, then I went to the other faucets in the house and it is the same and also now the water is very cloudy. Did I use to much cement when I was glueing the fittings? Also, what would cause the cloudiness? Please help, need to fix it. If there is anything I might of left out please let me know. Thanks.

Reply to
zyx321

How long did you wait before using the water. If it was less than 24 hours then the glue had not cured. In cold weather (and water) it might take several days for glue to cure and the odor to go away. Flush the line, wait a bit and check for smell or taste again. As for the cloudy water, if it looks milky white then it is most likely air suspended it the water. let the glass sit for a minute or 2 and if it is clear with no sediment in the bottom of the glass then it was air. If still cloudy or sediment shows then have your water tested. Dale

Reply to
Dale Wilcox