Pressure switch

My water pump pressure switch goes on at 45 pounds and off at 65 pounds. Can I adjust it so it goes on at 40 and off at60?
John
yes you can but you have to also adjust pressure in your pressure tank. Why do you want to turn it down? Most people ask me to turn it up.

It used to be 40-60 psi until a rusted cast iron nipple that attached the guage broke. I took the pressure switch apart at the diaphram so I could take the rest of the fixture to the well compamy without disconeccting the wiring. When I put all the fittings together, the pressure was different than before. I put a new gauge on and it was a little better, but still not 40-60. Is it ok if it goes higher than 60? It's 65 now.
John

It probably wont be a problem unless you have some crazy amount of hot water storage. Keep an eye on any relief valves and if nothing leaks for a while then its ok. You could back it down a bit if you are worried; 5 psi is not a huge amount especially considering the accuracy of today's gauges.

Thanks, Ned.
My water heater is only 50 gal, but my blatter tank is quite large because I have a geothermal heat pump.
Do you adjust it by turning the nuts holding the springs on?

yes, look under the cover it should tell you which is the pressure adjustment , you prob want the big one. you just loosen the nut to turn it down (CCW).
BE CAREFULL THE VOLTAGE ON THE WIRES WILL MELT YOU !!!!!!
Turn power off when messin with it.

Ok, thanks a lot, Ned