Pressure problem

I have a water pressure problem with my home. The pressure is too low. A sprinkler I just bought rated to go 20-80 feet goes 5-30 feet. Fawcets are also low. I have a bell shaped pressure regulator on my pipes in the basement with a large screw on top. Should I attempt to increase the pressure slightly on my own? If so, how? Thanks!

Reply to
Fish

first throw a pressure gauge on the system to see what we're fealing with.what kind of pipe do you have? galv., copper, pex, cpvc....what?

Reply to
HotH2O4U2

Is the pressure low all over the house, not just the sprinklers? You might want to have the local water co. check their equipment. Sometimes a screen on the inlet end of the meter clogs up or the impeller gear for the readout gets jammed, which can affect the pressure in whole house.

Reply to
Tyler C.Sherman