Potterton Suprima (Longish)

Potterton Suprima
Today I noticed a lot of noise coming from the system and on investigation decided it was an air lock in the pump.
At the to p of the boiler there is a Flow pipe with a drain valve and then the flow pipe continues to the supply tank with a branch as overflow / vent.
The other pipe is the return and this has what look's like a bleed valve but I am not sure.
In an attempt to loose the air in the system I tried to open the bleed valve but was unsure so opened the drain valve in the flow pipe.
Nothing came out at all !
I ended up by bleeding a radiator. This solved the problem of the noise in the pump.
Unfortunately now the boiler does not work.
It fires for 30 seconds and then shuts down.
I think this must be due to there not being enough water in the heat exchanger.
So how do I prime the boiler ?
In theory the water should just run in from the storage tank
Any ideas please.

vent.
but
valve
I am contemplating cutting the overflow / vent in loft. Pouring water down into the system and then re fit the pipe with a straight coupling.
Try http://www.potterton.co.uk/literature/index.htm which has a download of the user guide and the installation guide
Angela

vent.
but
valve

valve
Is there water in the feed tank?
Christian.

Yes. Its a bit of a poser. Therte must be a blockage ! May try and clear it with a little bit of pressure.