Plumbing Question

We all know that 1/4" per foot is the minimum slope for sewer pipe with solids. My question is this: Is a drop of 1/2" per foot ok or even more or should you 90 elbo it down to continue the 1/4" drop.
--
Robert Olin
Bob's Water & Septic LLC
Robert Olin wrote:

Nothing wrong with more than 1/4" pitch. Old myth about too much pitch has been debunked by plumbing engineers.
Mark

"We all know that 1/4" per foot is the minimum slope for sewer pipe with solids."
We do? Suggest you learn the difference between a sewer pipe and a drain pipe. Then move onto a building drain, all are different and are sized differently with different slope/grade. Your looking for trouble if you increase greater then 1/2" per ft. over a long run on a building/ house sewer, this becomes even a bigger problem today with low consumption water closets. * lets add a sewer should never have a 90 on it.
"Old myth about too much pitch has been debunked by plumbing engineers."
Not true, they just don't care anymore. Most of these guys today would have a hard time being apprentices 40-50 years ago.
kenny b
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

If you believe there is such a thing as too much pitch, answer this: What is the maximum pitch possible?
Mark M.