Plumbing Practice in UK & Singapore

Dear Sir,

I am now working on a project to compare the different practices of the installation, application and inspection of inside building water supply systems in different countries. I am particularly interested in the UK and Singapore. Do anyone (especially for those engineers working in these countries) know the followings:

Plumbing Proposals:

- Do plumbing proposals required to be submitted to the Government or Utililty Company before installation being carried out? If yes, what will be submitted (plans, schematics, calculations, catalogues, etc.)?

- Will Government or Utililty Company carry out a detail checking on these plumbing proposals?

- Typical process time for such submission (from first submission to approval)?

- Do they have a third party certification practice on the plumbing proposals? (i.e. no need for the government or utility to approve these plumbing proposals before installation.)

- Do they have a self-certification practice on plumbing proposals instead?

- Any comment on the performance of these local practices?

Licecnce Plumbers:

- Is there any licence plumber system in UK and Singapore?

- What is the minimum requirement for being a licence plumber in these countries?

- What is the function of licence plumber in these countries?

- Is there plumbing engineers in these countries?

- Any comment on the performance of current system?

Inspection:

- Will the inside building plumbing systems inspected by the Government or Utililty Company before being connected to the city water main?

- What is the typical duration for such inspection (from application upto getting water connected)?

- Do they have a points penalty systen on defective works?

- Is there any third party certification or self-certification practice instead of inspection by Government or Utililty Company?

- Any comment on the performance of current system?

Is there any web sites that I can find the details of my above questions?

Thank you very much!

Victor

Reply to
Victor Choi

Ya know......If I had the time right now there's about a million jokes with this post. Starting with.... Oh, never mind.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Victor,

Where are you writing from? We find your questions intriguing.

Reply to
Mike Grooms