Peerless Kitchen Faucet

I have a 9 year old Peerless kitchen sink faucet. It is a single handle similar to Model P10 on there website.

Mine has teak wood on the top middle knob and on the end of the handle. There is a sprayer in a seperate slot. It was there from previous faucet. In the last year, when I turn the handle to HOT, on full, the pressure dies when it gets hot, and then a clattering noise starts. Also, the sprayer won't work, when this happens. I have to push the handle to the middle to use it or push it down on really low pressure and have barely lukewarm temperature. What do need to do to resolve this?

TIA Annie

Reply to
Annie

Annie,

It sounds like the diverter is malfunctioning. A Peerless uses Delta parts. The diverter is located in the barrel of the faucet body. Shut off the water, remove the handle and bonnet (the dome- shaped top that the stem sticks through). Then pull up on the spout (which slides, being sealed by "o" rings). The diverter will be facing you. While you're at it, you might as well change all the parts, including the "o" rings and hot & cold seals.. They probably sell a kit at the hardware store. The diverter pops out. Take the old parts to the store and get new. Replace and reassemble, and things should be OK.

Reply to
ironmike