Orange water related to pressure tank

I have a well with an older galvanized pressure tank with a pressure gauge and stem. It currently operates 40-60PSI. When I use water it takes about 5 seconds for the pressure to drop to 40 and very orange water comes out during those 5 seconds. It then takes 15 seconds to pressurize to 60PSI and I get almost clear water during those 15 seconds.
I know it is water logged, I will empty the tank and add about 35PSI which will fix the constant on off cycle currently happening.
Do you think the orange tint due to the galvanized pressure tank go away or minimize dramatically once I pressurize the tank correctly?
Thanks.

Drain and then flush the tank by turning on the pump for about 5-6 seconds then turning it off and allow all the water to drain out. The water will be the dirtiest just as it stops draining from the tank. Repeat until the water is as clear as it can get. Then to get the air precharge correct, you put 39-38 psi of air in the tank with no water in it if you have a bladder type tank. I don't know how your old air over water, diaphragm or auto air relief tank works but for 40/60 you need 39-38 psi.
You should have a water analysis done on your water and see what the iron and pH etc. is. The tank could be rusting but I think the rust is more a problem caused by the low air pressure which is causing short cycling. Short cycling is very hard on pump motors and electric bills.
Gary Quality Water Associates