OIL TANKS

I LIVE IN HOLBROOK NEW YORK AND I WANTED TO KNOW THE DISTANCE AN OIL TANK HAS TO BE FROM A FURNACE. I AM HAVING A TANK ABANDONED IN THE GROUND AND I HAVE TO PUT A NEW ABOVE GROUND TANK IN, ALL MY LOCATIONS ARE CLOSE TO THE FURNACE. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME AND GIVE ME AN ANSWER PLEASE??
If it hasn't changed since 1980. It was 7ft. in Oneonta NY area, but keep in mind that Local codes maight superceed that as well as the state fire code. ask your Oil dealer.....Your County Fire Coordinator will know ass well...
jamie123 wrote:

thank you i will def. try to find out