NPT thread and fittings

I am based in the UK where we dont use NPT fittings. I have a KOHLER thermo stacking valve to fit and this has NPT females. I have purchased some NPT to BSP converters but I am little concerned.

The NPT fittings only hand tight half way. I know NPT threads are designed to seal, is it correct that these types of fittings are tight to fit?

Reply to
rbetts100

Yeah, sometimes they cut threads different. Don't worry about make up on adapters and such. Tighten it up a half turn before it breaks.

MM

Reply to
Mark M.