NPT thread and fittings

I am based in the UK where we dont use NPT fittings. I have a KOHLER thermo stacking valve to fit and this has NPT females. I have purchased some NPT to BSP converters but I am little concerned.
The NPT fittings only hand tight half way. I know NPT threads are designed to seal, is it correct that these types of fittings are tight to fit?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yeah, sometimes they cut threads different. Don't worry about make up on adapters and such. Tighten it up a half turn before it breaks.
MM