noisy whistling radiator

I'm starting to feel a pointy hook lodged by a troll who heats his house in August ??? Who hears noises from a radiator with no pipes connected to it??? Am I paranoid or is he really just full of steam???

Reply to
PipeDown

You're going about it the wrong way like the fellow who doesn't know how cars work but starts replacing parts at random hoping to get his car fixed.

The first thing to do is find a competent wet heat plumber or technician (specializing in hydronics) and let him troubleshoot the problem on site. From a newsgroup, even the best plumber can only throw you a few guesses.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

Same thing crossed my mind then I figured the guy may be in Australia.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

See Ghost Hunters ?

Reply to
Red Jacket

The term Nuisance is part of my Plumming code.

Reply to
Red Jacket

If I got it fixed by removing the radiator, then you'd probably still say I was wrong.

Thanks for the tip about the hydronics guy, I will probably call one. If after removing the radiator there is still noise. Or if after removing the radiator I decide I want a radiator (without noise)

Reply to
jameshanley39

So you're just going to yank the radiator and cap it off?

BAD IDEA

You'd be safer hiring the biggest $250/hour ripoff guy in town. If you don't know what the f*ck you're doing, you could be turning that system into a small bomb.

But go for it.

Reply to
Blackbeard

why do you think he was here for our advice. Isn't it clear he is just a self satisfying pompous idiot.

How dare we!! We are only professionals who do this for a living.

Shan are you a proud Liberal?

Reply to
Ned Flanders

you are reading things in that are not there.

I didn't say that I would take the radiator off. I would indeed call a plumber to take it off.

Reply to
jameshanley39

Yes, how dare you tell me that a cheap option that you can do, that would meet my requirements, is WRONG!

I'm not telling you how to do the plumbing. A plumber may present me with my options, and I would select one, based on price and likelyhood of it removing the noise.

I'll leave the actual plumbing to the plumber.

I do appreciate the good posters in the newsgroup that have suggested alternative options, and , if I find that there is no noise after removing the radiator, I will consider having it put back and persue those alternatives mentioned, by hiring a person skilled in hydronics, to do the job.

thank you

Reply to
jameshanley39

HUH??

here is a clue..........................long wayy.......................................................here is this guy.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

This guy has been playing with you guys like a fish on a line. Don't think "Liberal" or :Conservative", he is a troll.

Reply to
nobody

yes, i'm in the uk you're in the US. You really illustrated that beautifully.

When I said "you" I meant "you plumbers" - generally - collectively. A plumber in the uk, for example, i'm sure most of them are like you.

Reply to
jameshanley39

My wife bitchs about piddles on the floor. I want to put the toilet on the ceiling. Any ideas on how to keep the water from splish splashing ?

I figure I'll have more walking room this way !!

Reply to
Red Jacket

They have one of those on the space shuttle. See the NASA web site.

Liberal = A guy who uses way too much toilet paper

Conservative = A guy who flushes once a week

Reply to
PipeDown

hey james, suck my asshole. clear enough?

Reply to
Ned Flanders

So if you're going to call a plumber anyways, what exactly do you want with us?

If you had a problem that we could help your with, we're happy to do that. But you're asking for advice on something that is incredibly dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Just call a plumber or call an HVAC man who specializes in hydronics (actually the HVAC tech is probably your better choice). You're asking a bunch of plumbers and most plumbers don't f*ck with that kinda stuff.

And those who do will quickly tell you to call a professional cause you're going to kill yourself or your family.

Without seeing the job up-close and personal, my first recommendation would be to drain down and flush out the entire system. But even something as simple as a drain/flush has to be done carefully and methodically. It will look like your plumber is taking a lot of time to do something very simple. Conversely, if your guy hops in there and opens a valve and stands outside and smokes while it drains...you hired the wrong guy. We don't want it drained an refilled. We want the system FLUSHED OUT to remove the deposits where minerals have separated and settled.

Reply to
Blackbeard

do you know where I can find an HVAC engineer in the uk? maybe they go by other names besides HVAC enginners.

UK yellow pages (yell.com) doesn't turn up much. THe first result was most relevant, but only industrial.

Plumbers cost a lot in the uk. So, HVAC engineers probably charge so much that individuals can't afford them!

Reply to
jameshanley39

guess what dick weed you have already blow your chance of free help from an engineer. You assume we could not possibly understand, but you are the idiot; most of the people here are prob smarter than you and look at your problem as "simple".

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Yep ! That's right.. I found that why should

*I* rob people with a gun ?

In the UK you have very strict gun laws, thanks to UK Plummers we developed a way to rob you blind using only a pipe wrench.

I have a nice 6" pipe wrench, it doesn't require a carry permit.

Reply to
Red Jacket