Noisy TRV's

My 4 rads downstairs TRV's all make an annoying hissing sound after an hour or so, i know the valves are OK because i have swapped them round with the upstairs ones
ps
if i adjust the temp on them this seems to make the noise go away (for a while anyway then i change the temp again)
Barry wrote:

Are you sure water flow is the direction of the arrow on the TRV?
Mark M.
Not sure what you mean

Barry wrote:

The TRV must be installed so that the water flow is in the proper direction through the valve. The valve body has an arrow cast into it to indicate proper direction of flow.
If all the downstairs valves are installed properly, I would look for the source of the noise in the velocity of water through the valves. Maybe the pump is too big; maybe there is no bypass for flow when all the TRV's are shut. These kinds of things will make valves sing.
Mark M.

There is a 2 way arrow cast into the valve pointing left and right

Barry wrote:

That's odd.
Mark M.

an
round
(for a

Not odd at all. Bi directional. Common these days.