Newbie to the World of Toilet Replacement

Hello,
while replacing rotting subflooring in my bathroom I have had to remove my toilet. Not having any experience in this area before, I do have some concerns.
My main question is what if you can't get the wax ring to stay attached to the bottom of the toilet as you are trying to reinstall it ? Does one need to warm the ring up?
Also I have noticed discussions of using two wax rings instead of just one. Is this a common practice? I did notice that there was two rubber gaskets on the flange.
In assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

do
one.
First, get an ordinary phone book. Second, turn to the yellow pages under 'P'....
I thought realtor started with "R" :)

have
attached
need
under
OP post any plumbing problems/questions to groups listed below you will get helpfull/expert advice without the BS.
alt.home.repair
uk.d-i-y
"gamemaniak"
Oh yeah...good advice from moronic "Do It Yourselfers"? Gee, maybe I'll surf over there and find out how warm the wax ring should be. Can they be warmed in a microwave? Please tell me, please!

Good news and bad news: the good news is there is plenty of free information online. Bad news is most of it is worthless.
I have to admit I once tried to heat a wax ring in a microwave. Didn't work.

Custom bathroom remodel: $8500.00. Replacing rotton subfloor caused by the previous homeowners plumbing job: $750.00 Piece of mind enjoyed by hiring a professional plumber for the custom remodel: Priceless.

Instead of placing a deep horn wax seal on the bottom of the toilet, set it on the flange, and carefully line the wax and bolt with the toilet.

one.
If the flange sets too far below the floor, or if a floor was added, such as ceramic tile, another wax seal such as a single wax with no horn, can be added onto of the deep horn wax to add height to the wax.
there are alterantives to wax seals such as Fluidmasters wax free gasket, will also help with deep flanges.
Thanks "runningwater" and "gamemaniak" for your suggestions and answers to my question.
I'm also sorry if this was the wrong group to post a "Do It Yourselfer" type question.
Just for reference I believe the instructions on the side of the box for the wax ring indicated the ring should be at a temperature above 20C. (Mr. Grooms)
-- Mike

No, this is the perfect place to post a DIY question. It just so happens it's also the perfect place to get a smart-ass reply. Don't take it personal. We just havin fun.
The best part of this group is how such a "trivial" question will set off pages of dialogue. Reading this newsgroup is usually funnier than reading the comics!
Dean

it also says lather rinse repeat,,, but honestly,,do any of us really repeat?