New Law and condeser boilers

Can someone clear this up! Can I fit a non - condensing combi to my property ( 35 years old )?
I ask this because of the new laws which came into effect in April 2005. And the way I read it is that only condenser type boilers can be fitted to NEW properties.
Thanks

The law applies to all properties, not just new ones. There is a points system for exceptions. However, it is very strict. It has to be pretty hard to install a condensing installation to accrue enough points.
Christian.
Thanks Christian.