New Boiler

My Ariston Combi boiler SX 20 ( 8 years ) as started to give me problems with leaks and the flow valve so I've decided to have a new boiler fitted. The local plumbing supply tells me all new boilers fitted from April 2005 in the UK have to be of the "condenser type" and "Vokera" is one the best to buy!

Are these Vokera boilers OK? if not what in your opinion are.

PS it will be fitted by a plumber....I know my limitations.

Reply to
Will

Ask on uk.d-i-y.

Vokera aren't exactly at the top of the market.

It is essential to buy a model with either downward facing burner, or a outward burning cylindrical type. The conventional upward firing boiler, with additional heat exchanger (which is a cheap conversion of an older boiler) is very bad, as the condensate drips on the burner, leading to severe reliability constraints. I don't know what type the Vokera is.

Good combi models include:

Worcester-Bosch Greenstar HE. Glowworm CXi Vaillant Ecomax.

There are many others.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle