MOEN cartridges

These one-piece cartridges, used in bathroom fixtures, eventually become stiff to pull out or shut off.
Is there a recommended lubricant coating for the cartridge - that lasts - which will restore it to smooth operation?
Grazie
dev,
You can just use ordinary plumber's grease. It might be smarter just to replace the stem if it's gotten to this point. A new cartridge includes a tool in it to loosen the old cartridge.
/Mike Grooms/ said:

Was not aware of "plumbers grease", but if I can dig up a small amount, worth a try.
I have the tool, and have used various lubes over the years, but none lasts. Perhaps a replacement is in order. Thanks.
dev wrote:

Silicone grease.
MM
dont you want the white grease there? i thaught plumbers grease will make that rubber too soft. I use my tub of plumbers grease for string packing and I put a little on plugs when i winterize houses. I have also found that when i have a stuborn PO in a sink that I cant get that rubber gasket to seal, you know the one at the base of the bowl. Put grease on it and it will work every time. i usually replace cartridge myself although I have replaced o rings and greased the old stuff in a jam. it will keep us plumbers away for a while anyway.

Vaseline. If its good enough for my dick its ok for anything.

nice

"""Vaseline. If its good enough for my dick its ok for anything."""
That's what I tell all of my customers anyway