moen 1225

I replaced the shower cartridge and now it drips worse than before. When the old unit was out I turned on the water to flush out the core. This always works for me. I've done about 6 of these sucessfully Could the core be bad? I tried 2 new cartridges and they both leaked Any tricks out there? Thanks
The valve body should be OK unless it's deeply scratched. More likely a build-up of lime and crud in the bore that prevents the O-rings of the new cartridge from sealing.
I've cleaned Moen bores with a piece of ScotchBrite rolled around a pencil.
MM

I almost always replace those valves. I dont bother messing with them too much. It is wayyy to easy to damage the valve body on them. they will never work after that. symmons S-96 is what i use.
Did you use pliars to take it apart? Body is prob warped if you did.