main line

I am connecting to the main water service with a 1 inch pvc line.The run is about 300 feet from my soon to be installed meter to the house.The rise is about 40 feet . Will a 1 inch feed be large enough. The system I am connecting to is a private community well.Their line is 1 1/2 inch. I do not know the pressure at my meter yet I am the lowest lot from the well. Thanks for all input and suggestions.
--
Gary

On 09/17/04 "Gary and Karla" snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net Asks

Large enough for what?
You've given a lot of important info but how much demand will there be? By that I mean how many of each of the following fixtures:
Water Closets Lavatories Standard Tubs Roman Tubs Showers with 1 head Showers with multiple heads Kithchen Sink Vegtable Sink Laundry Sink Bar Sink Washing Machine Hose Bibbs Landscaping Sprinler Heads Fire Protection
Doug