low maintenance iron filter?

our greensand-based filter works fine for iron removal, but we have to clean out the venturi every month - lots of iron residue build up.
that gets to be a nuisance.
are there any designs that are self-cleaning in this area?
walter
we're ditching the greensand filter in favour of a pyrolox-based unit.