Life of H/W cylinder?

Does anybody know what is the average life of a domestic copper hot-water cylinder (tank) please? It's a 40-gallon exchanger type and a couple of corrosion pinholes have appeared on the bottom seam. Am I on a hiding to nothing repairing them or can I expect the tank to last for a great deal longer? I'm in a fairly soft-water area.

Thanks

Des.

Post disappeared. Repeat.

Reply to
Des & Co.

Depends on the grade of cylinder (how thick it is). Life expectancy should be 25 years at least. If its got pinholes you could braze it but why bother! Just change it or even better get a plumber to change it!!!

Reply to
tam the plumber