leaks in copper tubing

I live in a small town on the outskirts of Memphis TN. My subdivision and house is less than three years old. My step daughter lives in a subdivision across the highway from me, less than a half mile. Her subdivision is approx. 6 or 7 years old. She has had three water leaks in about six months time, her next door neighbor has had two, at least a half dozen more has had to have their house replumbed. The Mayor has said it isn't the water that it's been tested. He said the leaks are the result of cheap imported copper. I have talked to the owner of the plumbing company that did some of the roughing in and top outs in that neighborhood and his company did my step daughters house. He said it was the water. It's only been the copper tubing that's is under the slabs. I've stopped and talked to another plumbing company worker that was re piping another house and he seems to think it's a galvanic reaction in the soil. Another plumber told me it was probably due to tubing not having the plastic sleeving on it and came into contact with the cement of the slab. Now all new homes have to have cpvc used, no copper. Any other ideas of what might have caused such a rash of leaks in such a short amount of time?
"sammy"
Do you happen to know if it's the tubing that leaks. Some morons put solder joints under a slab, but the rule is no joints underground. If it's the tubing, then, perhaps, the pumber used thinner than "K" copper. Usually, copper is impervious to soil and concrete. BTW, are you saying that the CPVC is now under the slab?
It's pin holes in the tubing. They use type L soft out here under the slabs. So with 60 foot rolls there isn't any solder joints under the slab. Or shouldn't be. And they are using rolls of cpvc under the slab now.

it's
Here in the uk in the 1970's we had that problem...it was caused in the drawing process of the copper tube, although I don't understand the production process there was sand inclusions in the copper which gave rise to these pinhole failures after a short service life.

subdivision
more
That might just be the answer. I know we have a supply house in town that sells imported copper and that might of been the supplier of this plumber back then. Thanks for the post.

and
that
only
talked