Leaking Toilet

I have a Kohler handicap toilet that is two years old. The water in the tank was seeping out, and it had to refill periodically. I replaced the flapper, but it still leaks. I tried another flapper, and it still leaks. I have tried every thing I can. Is there any one that can help me with my problem. Thank you.

Reply to
Jack

Tank your finger and run it around the lip (where the flapper makes its seal). Are there any burrs or any high or low spots? Sometimes toilets will have slight defects in manufacturing that will cause this problem.

Otherwise, without seeing the job myself, there are some possible fixes.

you can take some vasoline and put a light coating on the flapper (where it makes its seal). For a slight problem, that can help but it's not permanant.

Also check that the chain/strap going to the handle isn't binding and preventing a good seal. or that it isn't too tight and holding the flapper slightly open.

If the simple shit doesn't work, you have several choices. A. Buy a new toilet and replace the whole damn thing. B: Buy a new tank and replace the entire tank. C: Buy a rebuild kit and replace the fill tube (the center tube) The kit also comes with new flappers, etc. (costs about $12.00 at Home Depot)

Reply to
Blackbeard

Make sure the refill tube is not siphoning the water out of the tank. This can be done by raising the tube just above the water level in the tank.

~C~

Reply to
CES

I want to thank you guys for your information, and help. A plumber came in, and found the leak was at the rubber gasket between the toilet, and the tank. He was able to tighten it, and the leak has stopped. I appreciate you taking the time to give me an answer. Until the next time.

IN GOD WE TRUST

JACK

Reply to
Jack