Leaking shower

We have a built-in shower (Mira) with a control dial and a shower head. Recently we have noticed that water is leaking from the control dial. It appears to be the hot water feed as it is much hotter than the water from the shower head. There does not appear to be any leakage behind the tiles as I can see under the shower tray - now water there, and no water through into the downstairs as yet.
Any ideas?
babu
Most shower leaks are caused by a faulty shower pan. To test the pan, plug up the shower drain and fill it up with about 2-inches of water. If you have a leak, it will become pretty obvious.
If it's not the pan, you may be able to pull the face plate off your shower valve and peak in at the valve and see if you can visually spot any leaks. If you find a valve leak, you'll have to cut the sheetrock behind the valve to get access. At that point, I would just pull the entire shower valve and install a new one.
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:50:30 -0000, "babu"