Leaking Flush valve/Flapper

Question: I have changed the flapper in the toilet tank to stop a trickle from leaking into the bowl, however, the problem persists. I have installed a new Corky Plus (red) flapper, which is supposed to be the best but this did not solve the problem. The flush valve seems to be O.K., but I have no way, short of microscopic inspection, to be sure. What do you guys do when confronted with this problem? Should I change out the flush valve?

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of this problem and the time you take to answer it:)

Reply to
John Smith

"John Smith"

The flush valve includes the refill tube. Sometimes, the tube itself may have a hole in it, producing the trickle you describe. If the flapper didn't do the trick, then the flush valve next. You can't always tell if the valve seat is OK. It might be cracked. It could also be the ballcock. Make sure it's shutting off completely, and that the little refill tube isn't siphoning into the big one.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Thank you so much. You were right on. The little black tube had not been trimmed to length and the clip/cap that holds it on to the overfill tube was missing. I solved that and it works fine:) Much thanks.

Reply to
John Smith