Jammed valve

Hi!

I was trying to replumb some part of the hot water pipe leading to the washing machine. I tried to shut off the hot water by closing the valve on the cold water feed to the hot water tank. It is stuck solid. It has a red round disc like thing on it which is very difficult to reach into the airing cupboard and turn.

I am afraid that too much force will damage the compression fittings. Is there any way to loosen it? Does this mean it needs replacing?

Any ideas . . . please?

Thanks in advance. Ramendra

Reply to
Ramendra S Roy

Ramendra,

I have no idea what an "airing cupboard" is, but if the WH inlet valve is stuck, then use a wrench to open it back up. If it breaks, it breaks, and will need to be replaced. Put in a full-port ball valve, and your worries will be over.

Reply to
Mike Grooms