I need help identifying an old plumbing tool

Hi,

I found this old tool in my basement.

Does anyone know what it is or what it was used for?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Trollerama

It's a faucet seat cutter.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

Certainly, Neon. It looks like a ratcheting double-ended ballpeen hammer. Seriously... I don't have a clue. Possibly some sort of a specialty tool that had only one application such as a machine valve switch handle. If that is the case, the information may be next to impossible to find.

Reply to
P2P Xtasy

It,s a tap (fawcet) reseating tool. Tam

Reply to
Denise McDonald

"Denise McDonald" wrote in news:6Mlbe.27455 $ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

You must be from Flanders's neighborhood. The fat and greedy like to call them faucets.

Reply to
Eric G.

happy to offend. :-)

so so happy

Reply to
Ned Flanders

I guess it does come off as you offending me. Not what I meant, but if it gets you off, I'll run with it :-)

"Ned Flanders" wrote in news:Eevee.17978$yd1.1702@trndny01:

Reply to
Eric G.

spoken like a dick who would actually rag on spelling mistakes in a post.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Looks like a nice one, I'd keep it, considering the junk they now make.. Lot of people still need them.

Reply to
Red Jacket