How do I calculate motor required HP for a pump to output 12 GPM from a 300' well

Based on a 310' well, 60' to house, a 1/2 HP pump, a 1" diameter pipe from pump to holding tank and I want a flow rate of 12GPM. What is the formula to calculate this? I need to input into an excel spreadsheet.

thanks

Reply to
Me2

Are you pumping to a open tank or to a pressurized system?

In either case, you will need to calculate total dynamic head per required flow to select the pump. The pump manufacturers furnish pressure/flow curves that show flow at various pressures.

For pump curve examples and an explanation of pump selection process see:

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson