Hot water tap hard to open & close. Tub & shower taps. Mueller MU-9

for some reason our hot water taps is very hard to turn on and off. I replace the Mueller MU-9 stem and replace the seat and put new rubber packing (I think that is what they call it). But it still turns tight. There is a brass washer that fits on top of the packing (was not sure where it goes on top or below) I tried it both ways but still turns tight. Any ideas?

Reply to
lbbss

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:29:54 -0700, lbbss wrote (in article ):

Lubricate it with a good silicone paste lubricant

Doug

Reply to
plumbguru2