Hot water limitation on shower faucet ?

Hi group !
Is it possible for a shower faucet to be mechanically limitting the "hot" temperature to a certain degree? With cold days, I've been wanting to take hotter showers, but even turned to the hottest, I could still be asking for more.
In the kitchen though, I can't wash with the hot water completely turned on because it is just too hot for my hands, which makes me think water in my hot water tank is as hot as one could ask for, but I don't get that very hot water in the shower...
We didn't installed the faucet ourselves; it was there when we bought the house.
Thanks,
Nathalie
"geicko"
Yes it's possible, especially if it's a single handle faucet. You'll need to write back with a brand name. If it is a single handle faucet, remove the handle, and see if there's some sort of plastic, toothed gizmo under the handle. If there is, remove it, and turn the valve on hot all the way to see if it gets hotter. Those toothed plastic gizmos are a safety device that protects against scalding. The way they're adjusted is to physically reposition it on the stem so that it allows the handle to turn farther towards the hot. You should make sure you reinstall it, and just keep playing with it until the water gets hot enough for you.
There are other types made, so a brand, or a posted picture would be handy.
What type of name is "Nathalie'??
yes this is possible. If you can tell us what the valve is we might be able to tell you how to fix/adjust it.

It is a single handle Delta faucet. I could not find this exact model but it looks pretty much like "Michael Graves Scald-Guard Shower Faucet
Model# 1728 " -> http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal /!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_CU/.cmd/act/.c/6_1_9I/.ce/7_1_DG/.p/5_1_9F/.d/2/_th/J_1_6A/_s.7_0_A/7_0_CU?PC_7_1_DG_url=http%3A%2F%2Fblumar.deltafaucet.com%3A3128%2Fcda%2FProduct.jsp%3Ftask%3DProductDetail%26area%3DBath%26function%3DTubShower%26group%3DShowerOnly%26collection%3DGraves%26pid%3D1728#
Turning the handle itself brings more/less pressure, while there is another rotating piece on the handle to adjust the hot/cold mixture. The good thing is that you usually don't have to adjust the hot/cold. You just turn it on and it will be at the same temperature you set it the last time. Right now, it's set to the hottest it can go.
While we're at it, the actual handle is a little slack and moves from the wall/trim ring. The house inspector recommended that we fix it because water could be infiltrating the wall but our attempts changed nothing... Any idea ?
Thanks !
Nathalie
... Mike, you asked "What type of name is "Nathalie'??" Not sure I get you question but Nathalie is my first name (!). French speaker female name ;-)
Follow the link below and look at the part in the handel number RP32102
This looks like the method of adjustment. Take the cover off them 1 screw and you should have it.
http://www.deltafaucet.com/media/Product_Tech_Docs/Parts_Diagram/Models_1728_1768_1769_5993.pdf

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal /!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_CU/.cmd/act/.c/6_1_9I/.ce/7_1_DG/.p/5_1_9F/.d/2/_th/J_1_6A/_s.7_0_A/7_0_CU?PC_7_1_DG_url=http%3A%2F%2Fblumar.deltafaucet.com%3A3128%2Fcda%2FProduct.jsp%3Ftask%3DProductDetail%26area%3DBath%26function%3DTubShower%26group%3DShowerOnly%26collection%3DGraves%26pid%3D1728#
Thanks Ned !
Much appreciated :)
Nathalie