Help With Plugged Garbage Disposal Please

I put a couple of cups of some cooked squash down the garbage disposal earlier this evening, not realizing that it is a problem for garbage disposals. I thought it was mainly shredded carrots that garbage disposals did not like?? My set up is a sink on the left, garbage disposal on the right and a dishwasher. Is there a solution that I can use to eat through the clog or does the garbage disposal need to be removed? Any help anyone can be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.