Help with Kitchen Drain- funny and sad story.

I have a stop in my kitchen sink- or rather the plumbing. I tried drain-o and other products but the slowdrain didn't get fixed. Then I tried this.

I opened up the piping and jammed a tape down and hit something solid. I couldn't get the tape past it. Then I bought an item called a Clog Buster. The buster looks like a black blader with a hose connector on one side and a slit in the bladder on the other side. I guess the bladder increases in size when water is inserted into it and then the bladder releases pressurized water down the drain.

I hooked the clog buster to my garden hose, which is connected to my outside faucet. I jammed it down the pipe about a foot and turned the hose on. I let it seat itself in the pipe when it was expanding and let the cold water run for a minute or two.

Water was backing out the pipe, which told me that the clog wasn't clear. I then turned the cold water off. Next think I knew, the bladder deflated and a deluge of water was shooting at me. There was water erupting out the pipe and shooting everywhere. There were leaves on the floor along with 3 black walnuts.

Great. Not. I had 1/8 of an inch of water in my kitchen. So I called the city and they told me that it wasn't a sewer back up that caused my problem. It was problably the standpipe that connects to the kitchen sink plumbing had gotten cloged with debris- leaves and nuts from squirrles.

I guess that water that shot at me was from all the water going up the standpipe, instead of going down the drain. Ok, now what can I do to solve my problem?

I don't want to call a plumber. Is there a tool I can rent that would fix my problem? Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

Thanks, Frank

Reply to
Frank

That's funny. Where's the sad part of the story?

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

Sad part is that I still have a leak and still need to clean my dishes!

I was thinking about cutting the pipe but then what? I know you can buy a boot or something to join the parts but I'm concerned that I will cut the pipe before the stoppage and be in the same spot.

Thanks, Frank

Reply to
Frank

I was waiting to hear that a squirrel family came shooting out with the leaves.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

if that is not possibly and the block is not in the u bend you can hire a piece of equipment call a snake this is a carbon rod rolled round a drum this should be strong to stiff the block as in any kitchen sink. if this don't work visit my web site and give me a call:

NICHOLAS BRENNAN

Hey Nicky,

I can tell right now that it'll be lots of fun having your around.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Yeah but I am afraid he won't stick around long.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Reply to
Eric Miller