Hard water

can anyone advise me of which is the best combi boiler to use in a hard water area? Can anyone offer an opinion on Vaillant Turbomax range as against Vokera? Many thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul

"Paul" wrote

The right thing would be to soften the hard water.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser

Most combis will have trouble with hard water, as it quickly scales up the secondary heat exchanger. You should either fit a proper ion exchange water softener, or a phosphate dosing canister (cheaper, but doesn't have all the benefits). Don't bother with those ridiculous magnetic/electronic water conditioners. They are for people who believe in fairies.

Vaillant have a good reputation. I don't know too much about Vokera. You should really be considering a condensing boiler too. They are much more efficient. Non-condensing boilers are basically due to be banned soon.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Had good luck with the NTI gas boiler 200,000 btu.

Reply to
Ned Flanders