gas vs. oil for home heating?

Currently I have no central heating but I plan on installing a modern central heating system. I live in a rural area where some people have propane and others oil. I'm not sure which to install.
I understand that propane will be more expensive but it also burns cleaner so it has lower maintenance costs. That's about all I know on the subject.
How do the installation costs compare?
Now sure what the other trade offs are.
-- Joe Zorzin
Heck, no comments on this one? Joe Zorzin

modern
have
cleaner
subject.
I live in Michigan. Around here, oil used to be the most popular heating option if you couldn't get natural gas. Now, I hardly ever hear of anyone putting in a new oil furnace. Since LP gas does burn so much cleaner and considering that the newer furnaces can be vented with PVC rather than having to build a chimney they have become much more popular.
Ken