Garden Tap And Nonreturn valve

Hi,

I am in the UK, South west.

I am replumbing my garden tap since the nonreturn valve integrated inside the tap is no longer working and the current regulations require the valve to be inside the building anyways.

I have bought a double check valve from B&Q. Questions:

  1. Can it bt fit in any position i.e horizontal or vertical. If vertical is ok, is a downward direction of flow better than upward?

  1. I am going to fit a stopcock inside to shut off the garden tap if freezing is likely; should the double check valve be on the supply side or the tap side of the stop c*ck? Any difference?

  2. The plumbing branches off from a feed to a utility sink. I want to incorporate an isolation valve before the sink. Do these valves affect the water pressure too much (with the garden tap in mind)? Am I splitting hairs?

I have looked for these information but no luck so far. The other responses in this group are very good. *Any* help from anyone will be much appreciated.

Thanks Ramendra

Reply to
Ramendra S Roy

No matter, any position is Ok.

Mo Money in the USA, " I was born in the USA, I was born in the........." "sent me off to kill the yellow man........." " After a home town jam....."

Yeppers

Noppers

Yeppers

You be very welcome. JP sends

Reply to
Snakebite

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Mo Money in the USA . . . True. Spent 2 Yrs in New Jersey and then 10 Yrs later, 2 Yrs in LA with a 6 month stint in Dallas somewhere in between. Great places, excelent, breathtaking landscapes, fantastic food, great people. Had some of the best times of my life there. Would like to visit again sometime soon too.

But UK is home. You know what I mean?

My question about the isolation valve stems from the fact that inside, the diameter reduces from 15mm (Metric here :-)) to almost 6mm.

Thanks aga> No matter, any position is Ok.

Reply to
Ramendra S Roy