FREE WATER HEATERS ILLEGAL?

Alabama Power and Mobile Gas will give you a free water Heater if you convert from one type to the other. But now Mobile Gas will give you a free replacement gas water heater if you tell them you are going to call Alabama Power and get an electric. This had got to violate some anti competition or anti trust law!
This may be an old subject on this group but I need some help. I can't compete against these prices!
Leland Cox
I seem to recall something on that with the Gas Co. giving free work out to install a gas HWT. I think they had to stop it. Check with Plumbing Contractor magazine or just Contractor.