Field line damaged during pool excavation...

Hey,

I'm having an in ground pool put in, and today during the dig for the deep end, about the 10 end feet of a field line was torn up by the contractor. My back yard slopes away from our house at a rate of maybe 1 foot drop for each

2-3 feet away from the house towards a nice wooded area. The line damaged had to have been the top most line in our field, as it was almost on the same level as the tank itself. If my memory serves me correctly, we probably have about 2-4 other lines that are parallel to this one and move down the hill. There is probably about 50-60 feet between where it was sliced and the tank itself. It was the end of the one line. When he hit the line, some seepage occurred (maybe 3-4 gallons) and then quit. We've never had any problem with our system, and have lived in the house for 15 years.

Hopefully, someone on here could give me some advice on what we should do. Our contractor did not seem too concerned, and we're going to watch it over the next few days to see if any more liquid shows.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated. I know all this information may not be totally clear.

Thanks

Reply to
Joe Blow

"Joe Blow" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Call a licensed septic installer.. If it is the top line in a serial distribution then that line has to fill before the effluent flows to the next lower line.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Anderson