faucet squeaks

Hi everyone. I have done many fix-it projects around our house, but I have never had a problem like this. My kitchen faucet which I replaced about a year a go, a Price Pfister, has started to squeak when you rotate the spigot from one side to the other. It only makes this squeaking noise when the cold water is on. When hot water is used, it does not make the noise while rotating. If it is a warm water, the squeaking is there, but not as loud. The strange part is we have a spray hose that is part of the faucet, and when that is used, and the spigot is rotated at the same time, there is no noise at the spigot is rotated, no matter if cold, warm, or hot water is used through the hose. Inside the faucet is a cartridge, which is accessed by taking off the handle of the faucet. Any one have any ideas what could be causing this? If no water is used, and the spigot is rotated, the noise is not there either. Thanks for any help/suggestions. Eric

Reply to
Eric and Megan Swope

Price Pfister can't be repaired. one of its many downfalls.

Reply to
Ned Flanders