Expansion Tank

I have a closed radiant heat sytem for our family room. Water is heated with a 40 gallon water tank and circulated with a small pump. I am going to install an expansion tank. The pipes go from the water tank to the room and return through the pump to the water tank. Should I connect the expansion tank between the water heater and room; or between the room and circulating pump; or, does it matter?
I had an oil system with the tank on the supply side.
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 15:36:22 GMT, "Richard Moecia"