Emergency Floor Drains

What is your read on the UPC rules for emergency floor drains. (not IPC) They have a 0 fixture count so I guess need no vent. Do they even need a trap? What is min size? They are not listed under residential so I assume commercial or assembly only.
This is my thought:
If you intend to hose the walls down sometimes then you need a regular floor drain
If you put a normal floor drain you need to have a vent and possibly a trap primer.
If the floor drain is just incase water or other harmless liquids are spilled or there is a leak and you don't want to flood out downstairs then you need only put an emergency floor drain.
I run my drain down to basement where I have a standpipe to receive indirect waste with an easily accessible trap primer.
Like the washing machine pan under the washer and its drain. Is that an emergency floor drain?
Ned, UPC Study guide shows 1 1/4" Vent On emergency floor drains but 0 unit loading on that portion of the vent, Public use drawings. But it does not exist for privet use. I had an apprentice 2 years ago that took the state (WA) residential test and sized it as emergency and failed the test. the rest of the class sized it as 2 units and passed handily, the floor drain was the only difference in their sizing of the drawing. Dale

The IPC includes it in the definition of bathroom group.
So say I have a hall of labs that have emergency floor drains in the corner. Can I use the one 1 1/4 vent to vent an unlimited number of emergency floor drains?
Do I need trap primers if I dump them into indirect waste with air gap and primed trap on 1st floor?

I would think yes on the venting and prime only the one floor drain they indirect to. You might want to check with the inspector for that job to see if he is ok with it cuz as you know they can make you do what they want if it isn't spelled out in the book, and some times when it is. Oh and there is a max length for a vent in the UPC unless you upsize it one pipe size. Is it the same in the IPC? Dale