Effikal Vent Damper replacement

Hi. New to site but like it a lot. My Utica boiler had a bad vent damper actuator so I ordered and began installation. Before reattaching new motor I followed instructions and turned damper counter clockwise by hand. Worked fine. The damper appears to sit naturally in the open position...attached motor and fired system up. Fired perfectly. Did tests however and couldnt get system to close the damper. So now it's firing perfectly but doesn't close. Then I looked at original part and stamped on the back it said \"redundant valve only\". Soooooooooo...I guess that means it should stay open? Thanks for your patience! Jack

Reply to
jumpjitsu