Drilling into a ceramic toilet. What drill should I use?

I'm installing an aftermarket bidet attachment and I want to drill into a toilet. It's about 1 inch thick ceramic where I want to drill. What sort of drill bit should I use. Will a masonary bit work? The diameter of the hole I need is about 17mm. I dont want to crack the base of course. I'm assuming there is something out there that is made for this.
Regards, H
I doubt a masonry bit would work, too rough they're meant to act a little like a hammer drill. ceramic might be harder (not necessarily stronger) than hardened steel anyway
I would think you need a diamond bit appropriate for drilling into glass or stone. It might look more like a grinder than a drill bit. At 17mm it would look more like a hole saw with diamond grit around the edge. Check the package directions but I would think you would use it at low speed with lots of lubricant oil or water. Would be tricky with a hand tool and no jig to hold it but probably possible.
What does the manufacturer of the Bidet tech support say. have you tried calling?
"Heywood Jablome" <reply to thread> wrote in message

A BB gun. My Dad put holes in flat glass for them using of all things a Red Rider !