Drain machine

Hey guys: Thinking of purchasing some new drain clearing equiptment for emergency service to existing clients. In the past we referred all drain calls to a seperate "drains only" company and stayed with plumbing and water treatment only. Now the other company is not able to respond to all calls and we are seeing our customers going to "the competition". Any suggestions? Any favorite machines? Should we get one unit does all or seprate units for sink vs: sewer? Thanks Eric.

Reply to
Eric Miller

Eric,

Well in my day, Spartan was the brand. I suggest having three machines. One hand-held for the small drains. One small tripod for stubborn small drains, and the big machine for sewers. The smaller machines don't need to be Spartans, but the big one does.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Thanks Mike. I will look for that brand when I go to the supply on Friday. BTW what part of the world are you in? I'm near Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Reply to
Eric Miller

Eric,

I live in Cincinnati, and I'm close enough to watch the fireworks when the Reds hit home runs.

I'm from Chicagoland, and did most of my plumbing life up there.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

I'm partial to Spartan also. But you'll need at least 3 machines. 1 for tubs, another for sinks and a 3rd for main lines.

Reply to
llump41