Dishwashers

Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as they do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ? The reason I ask is because the washing machine drains via the waste pipe directly under the sink and I was just going to tee off into this, but have been told I might not be able to drain the dishwasher adequately. Thanks in advance for any help
"kram"
It sounds like your washing machine is not installed correctly (maybe it is, I'm just guessing from what you said).
The dishwasher normally ties into the tailpiece right under the sink basket via a vacuum breaker.
The only dishwashers I know of that require a low drainage point are some models of commercial dishwashers or bar glass washers. Any residential dishwasher I've seen is easily able to pump up to the top of the counter. If all else fails, do as I do: go out to the garbage heap, find the box the appliance came in, and remove the instruction book. Then read it! ;-)