Dishwasher Safe, Stain Resistant - plastics questions

Hey all,
A few quick questions related to kitchen-wares.
1. Is there a specific type of plastic and temperature rating that is associated with the claim "Dishwasher Safe" that I've seen on some plastic products, but not others of the same type?
2. Is there a specific type of plastic that is rated as "Stain Resistant" to food scraps and wastes that are normal byproducts of food preparation and clean-up?
The best example I can think of is some types of cutting boards - I think they are made of Polypropylene.
Thanks in advance, --Ed
Blarg wrote:

You came to the right place, Ed. We have a helpful plumber here who's an expert on kitchenware. Ned, just what is the story on those "stain resistant" plastics?
MM
This is a plumbers forum, you numbskull. Stop bothering us pediphiles with your tupperware questions.
Not the real Bob Wheatley......just an impersonator

Exactly....... The moron still hasn't figured out how to hide his email or headers.
Bob Wheatley
FYI jack,
These aren't tupperware questions. I am in the process of designing a line of products that are commercially viable and offer the best for the consumer. For all you know, (actually really don't know), these products offer some benefit to the plumbing industry.
I would expect that there would be some reasonable intelligence when it comes to answering a simple question. If you don't have the answers, then why waste our time with useless and inappropriate responses?
If your response in an example of the level of professionalism we can expect from this forum, then rest assured we won't waste your time anymore.
Mark, thanks for your earlier response.
Dear Blarg:

"OUR". How many of them ARE you?
David A. Smith

For reasons I don't understand you have been bitten by a troll. This group has many helpful contributors, so please give it a little more time.
I work with machines in the food industry and realise your questions are not trivial... Have you spoken to any washing machine makers.. they might well be able to point you to relevant standards. ( it's not in their interests to make a machine that washes the pattern of plates that are supposed to be dishwasher safe .... :-) ).
Regards Jonathan
// lurk mode on //
Blarg wrote:

You might try this question on sci.materials
A couple of random ideas:
Commercial kitchen equipment often carries the "NSF" seal of approval. Perhaps they have standards for plastics used for food preparation?
You might check other standards organizations such as ANSI and ASTM. They often have standards for things that you wouldn't expect.
Olin Perry Norton